Case study area: Reeling Machine
Take a look at the igus website for more product information and to request free samples: http://bit.ly/1fljKqg
As the Reeling Machine moves the Product from the Reeling Unit into a Cutting Unit, the customer needed a Grease free solution. igus can provide just that alongside bespoke elements such as locks and extra fittings.
Chris Foot (dry-tech® Sales Manager), goes onto explain the benefits of igus’ Drylin within this application:
1. Maintenance and Lubrication Free, the system is used to fold bed sheets, so having no grease is a massive plus point in terms of cleanliness and overall machine maintenance.
2. Cost Effective, a saving on their other options due to high performance materials that reduce machine downtime.
3. Easy to Assemble to the Machine. Saves time and energy, therefore the customers productivity is effected in a minimum manner.
4. Vibration Dampening. The machine has numerous moving parts, bearings are not effected by this.
5. Low Friction. Constant movement is required, so the combination of iglidur J and Hard Anodised Aluminium is perfect.
6. Dust resistant. Plenty of dust in the air, this doesn’t effect the performance of the Bearings.
7. Corrosion Resistant. Humid environment, so no chance of a Polymer Bearings rusting.
The application itself fitted with igus parts.
Contact Chris Foot on:
Telephone: 01604 677240