Busan is not only the second largest city in South Korea, yet also the world’s fifth busiest seaport by cargo tonnage. Dozens of cranes are handling a high number of goods daily, thus such cranes need a lot of energy. In order to protect the cables against any kind of weather and therefore to ensure the energy supply, igus® offers the solution in the form of the Energy chains®.
igus® power chain systems are a good alternative to bus bar, festoonings and reel systems. igus® e-chainsystems® and chainflex® flexible cables are worldwide in operation on more than 10,000 port equipment applications.
Sixteen cranes in the port of Busan rely on the igus® e-chain® 5050RHD.
igus® e-chains® are the perfect solution for crane users and builders as they offer numerous advantages such as:
- Space saving design
- No control system necessary
- All media can be conveyed: power, data, air, water, etc.
- Low maintenance product reduces your downtime
- Wind and weather resistant
- Synchronous run of trolley and e-chainsystem®
- Quick an easy installation of additional cables
- No parts marked as reason for wear and tear
- Spare part guarantee for 10 years+