10 advantages of choosing igus® e-chain®
igus® e-chain® systems are widely known, in fact, since 1971, igus® has been developing, manufacturing, and testing its plastic energy chains. Vigorous testing ensures the uninterrupted and secure supply of energy and data signals while in motion. By selecting igus® as your supplier of energy chains or cable management systems, a variety of benefits will be guaranteed, 10 of which we proudly give below.
Top 10 benefits of igus® e-chain®
- Variety of supply side-by-side in the same system: air, energy, data, fluids…
- Maintenance-free and quiet: plastic chains ensure long-lasting service
- Universal use: vertical, horizontal, circular or special applications
- Modular & lightweight: smooth running, and easy to assemble & disassemble
- Tested for over 3 decades: predictable durability, service life, and safety
- Suitable for extreme conditions: tested in high & low temperatures
- Configurable online: use the online tool to find the most suitable e-chain®
- Fast delivery: energy chains from manufacturer’s stock within 24hrs
- Bespoke monitoring option: smart plastics sensors available for industry 4.0
- Available with cables installed: readychain® systems for your exact needs
Our e-chains® are used in an automated line for handling medicine: our e-chains® perform 20,000 movements each day in this application without failure. The economy and technical benefits from our e-chains® secured the system in this company’s picking system. Find out more about it here.
You can also find igus® e-chain® in the automotive industry where the building of car engines requires a high degree of automation and sensor technology for monitoring wear during operation. High dynamics and fast run times are maintained thanks to our e-chains® supporting the production robots in this factory. Find out more about it here.
Thirdly, our e-chain® systems are used in coal power stations worldwide. a power plant in the Czech Republic boasts our longest e-chain® yet; with 615m of travel it is the longest energy chain in the world yet, and 10 years on is still producing 100% reliability for our customer. Find out more about the power station application here.
At igus®, we love new and interesting applications so let us help you with our electrical, mechanical and production designs to optimise the energy supply and outgoing processes at your site.
Visit the website to find out more about e-chain®.