Brexit, will igus® deliveries affected?
When we woke up on 1st January 2021, the UK was a different place. Leaving the EU has a significant impact on logistics and here at igus®, we have been working tirelessly to ensure that reliable shipments continue to our customers.
What has igus® implemented in relation to Brexit?
Some of the implemented processes were essential, small and easy. However not all were so simple! Here is a list of a few that we have put into place:
- Official customs agents for pallet deliveries were appointed. This covers deliveries to both the UK and Eire.
- UK stock levels were increased to ensure that key products are on our “master planning” system with min/max ordering levels.
- We will continue to receive regular collective deliveries from Cologne every day, ensuring the delivery time remains as low as possible.
- Almost all of the weights for each product have been added to the relevant technical data section on the website. This can be required for paperwork and is now be easily obtained.
Are we prepared?
Having the manufacturing centre in Cologne means that we have been preparing for this event for some time. As a result, we have had extensive advice as to how to continue working as smoothly as possible.
As a customer, there are things that you can do to ensure we continue to provide you with a fast service:
- Forward plan. Try and forward plan downtime and maintenance. If this is pre-planned, any products that will be required can be ordered in advance.
- Order online. The website has live stock availability and is very quick to use. This allows orders to be placed 24 hours a day. You can also see if the stock is available when you place the order.
- Consider lead-times. Sometimes it can take 10 days to manufacture and deliver a part, and this should be built into lead-times.
2020 was a challenging year for a lot of us. I foresee this one bringing new challenges, but one promise is that igus® will remain open! We will continue to support customers in every way possible.
Alternatively, if you have any questions about igus® see our FAQs.