How to return an igus® product?
How to return a product quickly and easily? The drum-beat mantra of igus® is “Yes We Can”! This attitude continues after the sale. Once a customer takes delivery of the product, that doesn’t signify the end of the relationship, it is merely another step in the journey. Occasionally, the item might not be the correct fit for the application and you may need to return it. Here you will find how to return an igus® product, should it be required.
How to return an item:
- Please contact igus® by calling 01604 677240 or by emailing email@example.com to obtain the return authorisation code (RMA number) before sending the goods back.
If an item is returned prior to an RMA number being issued, the delivery will be rejected.
- Ensure that the items are returned in suitable packaging, to avoid damage in transit.
- Any returned part must be received back in the original condition – unused and without damage.
- Depending on the reason for return, igus® can arrange collection as part of the returns process. If the collection attempt is unsuccessful due to reasons the courier is not responsible for, the customer will be charged for the second collection arranged.
- Allow at least 2 working days for igus®’ chosen courier to collect the goods. Please contact igus if the collection is not made after this, so we can avoid a delay in the returns process.
Are there any reasons why an item cannot be returned?
There are some circumstances where we are not able to accept returns such as:
- Cut rails under one metre in length
- Cut cables under ten metres in length
- Items that are not included in the igus® standard range: for example, 3D printed parts, custom machined items, specially designed bespoke products.
Does igus® charge for handling the return?
A handling charge may be applied, subject to case review. The handling charge will be agreed prior to an RMA being issued.
What is the process once the return item has been received and processed?
Once the return has been received it will be inspected. If a credit note is applicable, it will be issued within five working days and any associated documentation will be sent electronically. If the items are not in an acceptable condition, you will be contacted immediately to discuss how to proceed. Please be aware that if we do not receive a response within 5 working days, the item will be returned to the original address and the RMA cancelled with no credit note.
Please note that a credit note is automatically applied to your igus® account. It does not automatically get refunded into your bank account.
I have a non-conformance for the product. What should I do?
If you have discovered any non-conformance regarding your order, please contact us within 5 working days from receipt of delivery. Replacement(s), re-work or a credit will be issued depending on the nature of the reported problem and mutual agreement.
If you are unhappy with your purchase or no longer require the item, please contact us within 30 days from delivery. The return and will be arranged according to our Terms & Conditions. We want you to be 100% satisfied with every igus® product which you buy!