Yesterday was rather an early start for us (numerous cups of coffee got us through though) as we attended Give me 5 which was held at W Hotel in London.
Give me 5 is a speed-press briefing event, which operates rather like ‘speed dating’, allowing a company spokesperson to brief 10-12 journalists in a quick 5 minute succession.
There are set rules to the event which are as follows:
1. Each briefing lasts for five minutes.
2. When you hear the bell conclude your discussion.
3. Journalists to move in a clockwise direction.
4. Once all journalists have been briefed by all the representatives the process stops.
5. Further discussions can be had during lunch.
The briefings got off to a good start with Rob Dumayne (igus dry-tech director) discussing igus’ new revolutionary ‘drylin W carbon fibre linear guide’ constructed entirely of CFRP (Carbon Fibre Reinforced plastic) and Justin Leonard (igus’ e-chain director) discussing the new product ‘e-skin’ – the new lightweight, versatile alternative to conventional corrugated tubes.
Overall we had a great day at the Give me 5 event and we got the opportunity to talk to a number of journalists on our latest product innovations.
Below are some images we took from the event.